You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Northern Comfort Inc have assembled a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become large problems, and it can help make sure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Switching the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a huge difference on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having problems getting acclimated to the new temperature, try changing it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Northern Comfort Inc technician is over for your annual furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 507-387-6596.