Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Mankato area during the winter time, when they’re required to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Northern Comfort Inc will always be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Northern Comfort Inc at 507-387-6596 and we’ll get your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.