During the colder Mankato area months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to Northern Comfort Inc will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should look for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Northern Comfort Inc ASAP if you observe any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not the right size for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Northern Comfort Inc can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Northern Comfort Inc at 507-387-6596 or arrange an appointment with us online.