Having standard air conditioning service completed at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Mankato area season, have the professionals at Northern Comfort Inc conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a usual air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to unlawfully freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for proper airflow through the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We advise checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Northern Comfort Inc today at 507-387-6596.