Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Mankato area is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Northern Comfort Inc constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning over the summer.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Northern Comfort Inc in Mankato area at 507-387-6596 today.