One of the most critical parts of the winter is staying cozy and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is critical throughout the year, but during the cold it is even more necessary. Winters in Mankato area are unpredictable and the chilliest days can often spring up on us, sometimes when your furnace is not ready. So, before you call in an expert technician, here are a few things you can examine first:
- Check your filter – unclean filters are one of the most widespread causes of unexpected furnace failures. Air has a harder time floating through filters once they are filthy or dirty, causing the system to shut off sometimes. The older the furnace, the trickier it might be to find the problem, while newer furnaces are meant to find clogged and dirty filters before further troubles arise. Replacing furnace filters every month or so can prevent these troubles and keep you warm.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep incessant tabs on your thermostat batteries to make sure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or indicator on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to switch out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to overlook small things like the settings of your thermostat. Verify this important step, especially if there was a recent rise in temperature that may have caused you to switch off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, locate the breakers that control your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On side. If it is Off or in the middle of the two positions, turn the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that looks like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, spot. It can often be mistaken for a real light switch, which is why it is usually the difficulty with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Going through these steps is a straightforward and effective way of ensuring the efficiency of your furnace before you make a call to your Mankato area professional. If there are still difficulties after you have made it through these steps, you will have a much wider idea on how to notify your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the issue might be. If you have questions or need to arrange a repair, call Northern Comfort Inc in Mankato area.