Make your life simpler—get ahead by preparing your air conditioner now before hot temperatures turn up. You can save on your utility bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its peak efficiency! If you are using your system when it needs service, you could see a dramatic hike in costs and damaging wear and tear on your system. Keep your system in top shape with at least one air conditioning service visit from your Northern Comfort Inc professional each year. This is critical to keep your unit working for the future. Your technician can ensure that your unit is working correctly and watch for trouble areas to head off any possible problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more costly repairs.
Just some of the perks a professional air conditioning service will offer you:
- Cooling cycle evaluation
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are actions you can do now and during the year to ensure your AC is functioning at peak performance.
- Clear the spot around your unit. Make sure there aren’t shrubs growing too close to your air conditioner, which can obstruct airflow. Take away piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your exterior unit was covered during the winter months, be sure to uncover it. You can damage your system if you run your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could end in big repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Northern Comfort Inc service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your yearly service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters monthly and replace them when necessary! Different homes have different air filter replacement demands. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may need to change them more often.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned frequently. It keeps your space healthy too! If you follow these simple steps, your AC will be ready for whatever the heat can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Northern Comfort Inc team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.