As warmer weather begins, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Mankato area? Especially if your AC unit is recently installed or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your system checked yearly by a Northern Comfort Inc specialist can help spot small issues before they become large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service intricate internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate in your equipment can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can create higher energy consumption—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps pinpoint little problems before they lead to big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine pieces and complete a set of AC performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to locate issues before they turn into extensive troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this service, your system is open to premature breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent spots and parts:
- Total equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Immediately with Northern Comfort Inc
Today is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Northern Comfort Inc pros a shout at 507-387-6596 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your residence, don’t forget to check our exclusive offers for savings on your next service.