It sounds like a great deal: Buy this furnace, and we’ll give you an AC for free!
Who doesn’t love things that are free, right?
Companies that promote alluring deals like buying a furnace and getting an air conditioner for free usually make customers believe they're going to hit the jackpot. But, it's essential to view these offers carefully. Many times, what looks like a fantastic deal at first may not be so good in the long run. Shady companies sometimes increase the prices of their products or add hidden costs to make up for the discount that initially draws you in.
Think of that old saying: there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Well, in the HVAC industry, there aren’t too many air conditioners that are truly free when everything is accounted for
Beware of the Not-So-Free AC
A supposedly "free" AC could come at the expense of shelling out for higher installation fees or purchasing expensive supplementary services. It's very important for buyers to meticulously evaluate the overall cost and terms before falling for such advertisements. One way to protect yourself is to seek a second opinion from another HVAC company, such as Northern Comfort Inc, and compare prices of the entire installation.
The following are a few of the ways a “free” AC could come back to bite your wallet
- Inflated product prices: Some companies may enhance the cost of their services and products to compensate for the "free" AC or service they're offering. This can make the entire cost of the deal much higher than it first appears.
- Concealed installation fees: Although the air conditioner may be free, buyers may encounter unexpected installation charges that are not clearly stated in the advertised offer. These fees can greatly increase the total price tag of the system.
- Mandatory added services: To recoup the cost of the allegedly free item they are giving you, companies may require customers to buy additional services or plans at inflated prices. These kinds of things can easily add up.
- Push for premium upgrades: Companies may pressure customers to upgrade components of the HVAC system at a higher cost, claiming enhanced performance or better efficiency. These upgrades may not be necessary or offer much value for when their cost is factored in.
- Warranty limitations: Although the initial offer may include warranties, some companies might apply restrictions or add exclusions to the promotion that reduce the coverage. You could potentially need to pay even more for extended warranties or face unexpected expenses if issues arise.
Don’t Fall for False Promotions. Go with a Reputable HVAC Company
When it comes to selecting a furnace, it's important to focus on reliability and quality instead of supposedly free offers. Instead of being tempted by extravagant offers, it is wiser to partner with a reputable company.
What are the signs of a reputable HVAC business? The company will have a sound track record in the industry, reinforced by good customer reviews. It also will have appropriate certifications and licenses, which demonstrates that it respects industry standards and regulations.
How does a reputable heating company handle pricing? It will provide transparent and fair pricing, without hidden charges or inflated costs.
For Reliable, Honest HVAC Installation in Mankato area, Choose Northern Comfort Inc
At Northern Comfort Inc, we take pride in providing our customers with dependable and high-quality HVAC service in Mankato area. Whether you are looking for furnace installation or are seeking a second opinion, our team is dedicated to giving you excellent support and service for all your heating and cooling needs.
Our experienced professionals are skilled in their craft and equipped with the latest tools and technology to ensure efficient and precise installations. We focus on customer satisfaction, and our friendly staff members are always ready to answer any questions. When you choose Northern Comfort Inc, you can have confidence that you'll get superb service from an HVAC company that really cares about your comfort.
Call 507-387-6596 today for your free, no-obligation estimate.