When it’s chilly in Mankato area you need your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system looks to be working well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can stop air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you may require a furnace repair. The quicker you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Northern Comfort Inc.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You may have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for enough time? Is it running endlessly? Does the air flow seem faint? You could have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you raised the temperature again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could indicate a few specific problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your house.
4. Your electric bill keeps increasing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps growing. This could signal several different problems. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC experts to remedy.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The experts at Northern Comfort Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.